Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Cruise to Cabo that Never Was... Day 2

It was a day at sea today. The weather was a tad chilly, but beautiful nonetheless. My roomie and I woke up relatively early, since we turned in around 11 the night before. We took our time getting ready in the morning, and headed up to the restaurant on the Lido deck (where the teeny tiny swimming pool is located) to have breakfast. It was still pretty rocky, but after breakfast, some coffee and more ginger pills, we were good to go. We explored the ship a little bit, went down one deck to look at the photos that we were forced to take the day before. I liked a picture that they took of my group, so I made my first purchase. We walked a little bit more, and then headed back to our room for a nap.

We woke up a short time later and decided to head to the library to try to get some work done before lunch. The one thing I noticed on the ship was a lack of plug points. There was only ONE in our room, and apparently, just one in the library. Since my laptop battery doesn't hold a very long charge, I didn't get to work for very long. It was time for lunch by then anyway. We ran into our group prez and his wife, and had lunch with them in the formal dining room. Cristina and I figured that we would get to sample all the meals in all of the different locations this way. I remember having a fish dish of some sort but I can't quite place what it is.

Checking our itinerary, we discovered that they had a chocolate buffet at Tiffany's (the restaurant on the Lido deck) at 2.30 pm. We hightailed it to the buffet, even though we just had lunch... yummm :) We sat on a table at the back of the boat, enjoying the cool ocean breeze while enjoying our dessert.

Our beds were made for a second time that day when we headed back for a quick lie-down after our lunch and dessert. Cristina said it was normal, but I was still amazed. We took a quick nap, and set our alarm so that we were up in time to experience high tea on the high seas (ok, I came up with that cheesy line) in the piano bar. It wasn't bad... I had some good tea and some light snacks. We then headed for the Romeo and Juliet room for our group activity slated for the early evening. One of the activities was to build a bridge out of spaghetti and marshmallows... very very sticky.

All I have to say is: wow, we are a rowdy bunch. We had some fun team-building, get-to-know-you activities. I got a couple of cool Tt items out of it, so I was pretty happy :) A few of us decided to have a few drinks and just chill before we headed back to our rooms to get ready for the formal dinner (and wash off all the marshmallows!).

We got dressed, went down to our boss's room to pick her up, and I took a picture of this cute little towel animal they made for her. It was adorable! It was a very nice dinner, and everyone asking us where we were the night before since we skipped out on dinner. After dinner, we headed for this revue-ish show they had. Cheesy, but rather entertaining. Though, hats off to the dancers, cause it's amazing they don't trip and fall while performing on a rocking ship! I got dragged onstage (how embarassing)... thankfully, Cristina couldn't work my camera so there is no evidence! *cue evil laughter*.

After the show, we were going to try to catch a comedy performance, but we got sidetracked and ended up in the dance club where we found a bunch of our coworkers hanging out. I joined the group, while Cristina bowed out and headed back. It was so much fun! I stayed till about 1.30 before calling it an evening. I didn't want to stay out too long since we were supposed to be in Catalina the next morning, and I wanted to be up bright and early for it.

No comments: