Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Terrors in the Night

So for the past week or so, I've been trying to figure out what's been making the dogs in our neighborhood bark all night long. At first I thought it was the full moon, but that came and went and the dogs are still barking like crazy. Two nights in a row, Milo and Oliver came home super late, and they came home terrified.

Easter morning, we had to get up early to get a couple of things done around the house before Anthony's family came over, so I set my alarm for sometime before 7. I was lying in bed, savoring the really nice cloudy morning, and I heard really loud barking right outside my bedroom window. I got up and peeked out through the blinds, and I saw a huge pitbull mix and a german shepard barking in front of my window. I think they're the culprits. Later that night, after Anthony's family left, I heard Onyx growling at the back sliding door, and the two dogs were in our yard! I got Anthony to secure our side gate, and I thought that was the end of it. We were getting ready for bed, when I heard this huge crash and scramble from the kitty room (yes, we have a spare room, and it's for the cats). I got Anthony to investigate and there were the dogs again, terrorizing the cats through the window! So we closed the window and the blinds, and went to bed.

Well, it happened again last night! Same crash, growling and spitting... Anthony had to get up again to close the blinds (we left the window closed). So tonight, we're just going to keep the window and blinds closed, so hopefully the dogs will leave our cats alone from now on. I'm curious to know if their owner lets them out, or if they are just escape artists. They seem to roam only at night, and not during the day.

No comments: