Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Face mask in an airport?


I don't think I've written about this yet. On our trip back from Monterey, we observed a lady in a full-on face bright yellow respirator in the San Jose airport. She was attracting a lot of attention, to say the least. I wanted to take a picture but I thought that would have been rude. We first saw her when she was talking to one of the Homeland Security peeps, and even they were looking at her funny. We started wondering if she had a communicable disease, which is why she was wearing a respirator, but Elaine says that that's not the type of respirator they would use (she would know, she's a nurse). It looked like one of those that the field guys would have to wear when they go out to sites with hazardous materials. I wonder if she was really afraid of bio-terrorism, or if she was just paranoid.

No comments: