Monday, March 12, 2007

The Couch Project, Part 2

ARGH! I wrote a whole bunch and lost it (@$!%@&%*&#^@). I'm going to try to recreate what I wrote...

Hmm... I was writing about my couch. That we moved it outside yesterday, in the freakishly hot 90+ degree day in the winter. WTF. It's not supposed to get this hot this time of year. It was record breaking heat!

Anyway, I have no idea what made me decide yesterday was the day to get the couch moved, but we went to Lowe's to pick up some 10 ' x 12' plastic sheeting to wrap up the couch while I contemplate how I'm going to sew up the cover.

After the patio was washed down (it had gotten to be really bad with the winds kicking up the dust in our back yard) and after the patio dried up relatively quickly given the heat, we moved the couch outside. With only one notch added to the house (my fault... I dented the bedroom door a bit), the couch made it outside. My wrapping skills were tested when we started wrapping up the couch with plastic and duct tape. But... we got it done. I need to take a picture of it to post here.

No comments: