Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Holy cow! Where has the time gone?

Wow... it's already almost the end of August and I'm another year older. Where has the time gone? So much has happened since last November. To sum up my year (and last year) so far...

... I got to take a trip back home to Malaysia last December, right after Christmas... I spent about 3 weeks home, and my mum-in-law Elaine came with me! We had so much fun. We went to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah in East Malaysia (on Borneo), rang in the new year over there, and ate soo much food! I also got to go back to my hometown of Malacca, where we pigged out even more. I met up with some friends of mine whom I haven't seen in YEARS, so that was fantastic as well... all in all, a fantastic trip :) I'll have to put up another post with some pics and highlights.

... I was "bitten" by the Twilight series while I was on vacation. I picked up Twilight because the cover looked really cool and the sypnosis was interesting. Little did I know I was starting down a path of no return... I am now a proud and crazy Twilighter.

... We went up to Portland, OR for my nephew's first birthday! Portland/Vancouver was so green and pretty... and getting to spend time with AJ (and his parents) was priceless.

... Anthony surprised me with a trip to Vegas for Memorial Day, just the two of us. It was so much fun! We had a blast. We saw Zumanity and Stomp Out Loud! Both fantastic shows! We made plans to return again later this year.

... I WENT TO COMIC CON!! :) Wow. What an experience that was... and yes, all because of Twilight. I met a bunch of really cool gals there too, and we've made plans to go back again next year. That is another post I will have to make seperately... so much to tell!

... I made yet another trip to Vegas this August, the same day Breaking Dawn was released! This time, my friend Ai Lene and her husband Erik joined us. It was yet another fantastic trip.

So... here I am in my hotel room trying to think of what other good and interesting things I've done this year :) I'm sure I've done a heck of a lot more, but I just can't think of anything right now. Till later!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, welcome back to the blogosphere. You've been doing some cool traveling...and people say Mike and I are jetsetters! We're itching to get back to Vegas too. Maybe we'll see you there next time!

Vonnie said...

Yes absolutely!! :) I love Vegas... something about that city is so extremely vibrant and exciting! It's good to be back :)