Sunday, June 17, 2007

San Diego County Fair


This is the third year in a row we have gone to the fair with Anthony's parents. We went this year for Father's Day, and we had a blast! Our tradition is to start out the day with a turkey leg and pork chop on-a-stick from this vendor by the Swine Races (they race pigs... we have never watched), make our way through the barn animal displays (I love the pygmy goats they have on display!), and then make our way to the garden exhibits. Some of the gardens they have there are so beautiful and creative, I could only hope to get a grain of an idea from these folks. We also love looking at all the bonsai on display. There is so much to do and see, and so much to eat! We also play this water game, so one of us always wins. I won this giant hippo this year, which was as hard as a rock. I probably should have picked something else. Elaine (Anthony's stepmom) won a Padres bear and a Chargers bear. She was really pleased. We also found this vendor who sold a lot of beautiful asian plants and bonsai. I got a desert rose and a tuber-like plant (I need to look up the name). I also got a 15 minute acupuncture massage... man were my shoulders in need of a massage!

We also found this machine/gadget that carbonates water for you, so you can make your own soda! We tasted just the plain water that they carbonated, and the water tasted different. We bought the machine, and we carbonated some water and just added a twist of lemon and lime to it. Talk about refreshing... hopefully this will make me drink more water throughout the day, and not drink sodas. I will keep you posted on the DIY soda machine. We are very excited about it!

No comments: